The OUMC Calendar
Orangethorpe United Methodist Church is handicapped accessible.
Assisted listening devices are available at our services. Please ask an usher.
While attending worship services, PLEASE "mute" your cell phone.
- The old Orangethorpe churchyard is a busy place. We are busy people. We hope you can join us in these events and opportunities, both on-campus and off, which are coming up soon. Visit this page frequently to see what's happening in and around your church!
- Group Meetings – Committee chairs and group leaders: If you have an event that you would like to promote, please submit your event for inclusion in the next newsletter's calendar and on this web page. Written submissions may be dropped off or emailed to the office. Information submitted after the designated deadline cannot be guaranteed inclusion. Submissions will be edited for clarity and space availability.
- NEW ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS. Dave & Nancy Hoffman are coordinating an Adult sharing and learning experience at 10:30. We currently have nursery care, Elementary class and Youth ministry every Sunday. Adding this Adult time expands our offerings for new people in our community who want to enjoy both worship and Sunday School.
- FYI. The United Methodist Church has been divided for decades over core issues surrounding Biblical authority. Please watch this excellent 7-minute presentation, produced by the "Wesleyan Covenant Association", which helps us understand the position Parson John believes we should take:
"God Is Good!"
Families and children
- Escuela Dominical (Sunday school) – 10:30am-11:45am. Heritage Room. Para más información acerca de la Escuela Dominical, favor de llamar a Nedda Soriano – 714.351.6563.
- Orangethorpe United Methodist Preschool – 7:00am-6:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Home school group's Veritas Speech Camp – 8:00am Monday through Friday.
Want to help?
- The prayer chain
Prayer is a powerful weapon!
Call Zolena Clark - 714.526.3505 - to help us pray for others, or to be prayed for.
- Agape Café
Breakfast is served every Sunday @ 7:30am
See Sharyl Lewis if you'd like to help.
AGAPE CAFÉ DONATIONS are always welcome. We especially need coffee and cereal. Bring your donations with you on Sunday to place on the altar. Please ask Sharyl about other items which you may wish to donate. Monetary donations may be made with checks made out to OUMC with a note on check, "for Agape Café". All gifts are appreciated! See a list of items you can contribute, or visit Elizabeth Mendivil's GoFundMe page to pledge your financial support.
- Orangethorpe Learning Center
Mondays through Thursdays 2:45-5:00pm
Patio Lounge, Youth Room and Fellowship Hall
Grown-ups, come help the neighborhood kids with their homework.
Kids, come receive help from caring adults.
Call Chuck Carey - 714.761.3580 - for information about OLC.
OLC is closed for the Summer.
We reopen August 21 for the 2017-2018 school year!
- Second Harvest Food Distribution
Saturday, August 5 and 19 @ 8:00am
Back parking lot
Food for the hungry & disadvantaged
Come join us any time – Ask Roberto Navarro, Nedda Soriano or Chuck Carey what it's all about!
- Hot Meal Ministry
Monday, August 28, 4:00-8:00pm
(fourth Monday of each month)
at Orangethorpe Christian Church
Join Team OUMC to serve dinner to our neighbors!
Call Chuck or Jeanette Carey - 714.761.3580
- Interested in helping?
Call the church office (714.526.8317) and we'll get you involved.
The new Church Directory will be in the Narthex and in the Fellowship Hall so that you may correct any errors to your information. Please see Sharyl for the copies.
August 12, 2017
Our treasurer, Val Moore, will be having chemotherapy treatments for the next few weeks, and then surgery to remove her left kidney. Please keep her in your prayers! If you would like to send cards, her address is 1013 San Antonio, Fullerton, CA 92835.
6 Month Statement of Giving is available on he table in the Narthex. Please pick yours up!
This calendar, in print. A number of copies of an up-to-date printed version of this calendar, and of our news page, are placed on the table in the narthex nearly every Sunday for the benefit of those persons who do not access the internet regularly. When you come to church, please pick up a copy for your own use, or to share with your friends.
- Spiritual Healing Class
Every Tuesday @ 7:00pm
Fullerton Residential Manor, next door to OUMC
We have some amazing opportunities as we provide for, nurture and care for each other.
Please join us for music, praise and prayer. — Richard Shea.
- "Then Sings My Soul!" – a mid-week prayer and worship hour – Wednesdays, @ 7:00pm. Patio Lounge. Led by our Worship Leader, Alice Song.
- Stitchers in the Spirit resumes in the Fall.
Call Wendy Lenaburg - 714.525.1205
Monday, August 14 @ 6:00pm
Call Wendy Lenaburg - 714.525.1205
- Book Muse Group
Wednesday, August 23 @ 4:00pm at Jeannie Lindsay's home
This month's book is:
The Johnstown Flood, by David McCullough
Newcomers are always welcome!
Call Jeannie - 714.828.1998
- Senior Moments – "Out to Lunch"
Wednesday, September 6 @ 11:30am
Call Lois Stoughton - 714.871.4610
- La quinceañera de Valeria Zúñiga
Saturday, September 9, 2:00-11:00pm
Health & fitness
- Hatha Yoga
Tuesdays @ 5:45pm in the Heritage Room
- St. Jude Senior Exercise Class no longer meets at OUMC.
- Healthy Eating Class
Saturday, August 26 @ 9:00am in the Heritage Room
Taught by Richard Shea; it's free!
Reclaim your good health by learning how and what to eat to make you feel better, ward off illness and have more energy. Rich is a certified instructor in the science behind our healing bodies and how nutrition affects our health and vitality.
- Staff Parish Relations Committee
meets as needed
- Preschool Board
meets as needed
- Learning Center Board
Tuesday, August 15 @ 7:00pm
en la escuelita
- Church Council
Tuesday, August 22 @ 7:00pm
You needn't be a council member to attend and plan our church's future.
- Parish Council Board
Tuesday, September 12 @ 7:00pm
- Local Organizing Ministry
meets as needed
Come and learn about our neighbors' concerns for this community.
Support O. L. C.!
Orangethorpe Learning Center parents, volunteers and friends will be washing cars in our front parking lot to support nuestra escuelita Saturday, August 26, starting at 8:00am. Watch for more info!
The Net – OUMC's newsletter is published monthly as needed. Your articles and news items are welcome. Please e-mail them to, or drop them off at, the church office. The latest issue was published May 3, 2017.
¿¿¿¿¿ About this calendar ?????
See mistakes? If you're involved in a ministry or event listed here and think the time, place or other information is erroneous, please send me e-mail. I will verify and correct it within 24 hours. If you don't mind answering questions from people who want to know more about an event, I'll include your name and your phone number and/or e-mail address in the item.