The OUMC Calendar
Orangethorpe United Methodist Church is handicapped accessible.
Assisted listening devices are available at our services. Please ask an usher.
While attending worship services, PLEASE "mute" your cell phone.
- The old Orangethorpe churchyard is a busy place. We are busy people. We hope you can join us in these events and opportunities, both on-campus and off, which are coming up soon. Visit this page frequently to see what's happening in and around your church!
- Group Meetings – Committee chairs and group leaders: If you have an event that you would like to promote, please submit your event for inclusion in the next newsletter's calendar and on this web page. Written submissions may be dropped off or emailed to the office. Information submitted after the designated deadline cannot be guaranteed inclusion. Submissions will be edited for clarity and space availability.
- ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS. Dave & Nancy Hoffman are coordinating an Adult sharing and learning experience at 10:30am. We currently have nursery care, Elementary class and Youth ministry every Sunday. Adding this Adult time expands our offerings for new people in our community who want to enjoy both worship and Sunday School.
- FYI. The United Methodist Church has been divided for decades over core issues surrounding Biblical authority. Please watch this excellent 7-minute presentation, produced by the "Wesleyan Covenant Association", which helps us understand the position Parson John believes we should take:
"God Is Good!"
Families and children
- Escuela Dominical (Sunday school) – 10:30am-11:45am. Heritage Room. Para más información acerca de la Escuela Dominical, favor de llamar a Nedda Soriano – 714.351.6563.
- Orangethorpe United Methodist Preschool – 7:00am-6:00pm Monday through Friday.
- High School Physics Class
Wednesdays, @ 12:00noon in Heritage Room
- Dave Ramsey Finance Course
Thursdays, @ 1:30pm in Conference Room
Want to help?
- The prayer chain
Prayer is a powerful weapon!
Call Zolena Clark - 714.526.3505 - to help us pray for others, or to be prayed for.
- Agape Café
Breakfast is served every Sunday @ 7:30am
See Sharyl Lewis if you'd like to help.
AGAPE CAFÉ DONATIONS are always welcome. We especially need coffee and cereal. Bring your donations with you on Sunday to place on the altar. Please ask Sharyl about other items which you may wish to donate. Monetary donations may be made with checks made out to OUMC with a note on check, "for Agape Café". All gifts are appreciated! See a list of items you can contribute, or visit Elizabeth Mendivil's GoFundMe page to pledge your financial support.
- Orangethorpe Learning Center
Mondays through Thursdays 2:45-5:00pm
Patio Lounge, Youth Room and Fellowship Hall
Grown-ups, come help the neighborhood kids with their homework.
Kids, come receive help from caring adults.
Call Nedda Soriano - 714.351.6563 - or Chuck Carey - 714.761.3580 - for information about OLC.
- Second Harvest Food Distribution
Saturday, December 2 and 16 @ 8:00am
Back parking lot
Food for the hungry & disadvantaged
Come join us any time – Ask Nedda Soriano or Chuck Carey what it's all about!
- Interested in helping?
Call the church office (714.526.8317) and we'll get you involved.
The new Church Directory will be in the Narthex and in the Fellowship Hall so that you may correct any errors to your information. Please see Sharyl for the copies.
December 14, 2017
|OUMC office hours are: Mondays through Thursdays — 9:00am to 12:00noon. Closed Fridays.
Our former treasurer, Val Moore, had chemotherapy treatments for several weeks, followed by surgery to remove her left kidney. She is recuperating at home. Please keep her in your prayers! If you would like to send cards, her address is 1013 San Antonio, Fullerton, CA 92835.
6 Month Statement of Giving is available on the table in the Narthex. Please pick yours up!
See the printable Schedule of Events for this year's Advent season.
This calendar, in print. A number of copies of an up-to-date printed version of this calendar, and of our news page, are placed on the table in the narthex nearly every Sunday for the benefit of those persons who do not access the internet regularly. When you come to church, please pick up a copy for your own use, or to share with your friends.
- December 16. Decorating the Sanctuary Live Greens (9:00am)
Please call Wendy if you wish to help — (714) 525-1205
- December 17. 3rd Sunday of Advent (11:00am)
Unity Service with Grace River/ Latino/ Romani/ Anglo
followed by Celebration Feast in the Fellowship Hall.
Please bring a potluck side dish or dessert to share.
- December 24. 4th Sunday of Advent (9:00am)
Christmas Eve Sunday morning
(10:00am) - Latino Worship
- December 24. Christmas Eve. Special service!!!!
‘COME TO THE MANGER’
Held in the Chapel at 4:30pm
Please pray for Parson John while he and his family are on vacation in Kansas.
Sharyl Lewis and a team of children are presenting the Christmas pageant!
Health & fitness
- Hatha Yoga
Tuesdays @ 2:30pm in the Heritage Room
Please note changed time!
- Staff Parish Relations Committee
meets as needed
- Preschool Board
meets as needed
- Readiness 360 Team
Saturday, December 16 @ 7:00am
- Church Council
Tuesday, December 26 @ 7:00pm
You needn't be a council member to attend and plan our church's future.
- Parish Council Board
Tuesday, January 9 @ 7:00pm
- Learning Center Board
Tuesday, January 16 @ 7:00pm
en la escuelita
- Local Organizing Ministry
meets as needed.
Come and learn about our neighbors' concerns for this community.
- "Then Sings My Soul!" – a mid-week prayer and worship hour – Wednesdays, @ 7:00pm. Patio Lounge. Led by our Worship Leader, Alice Song.
- Stitchers in the Spirit — next meeting date to be announced, at Wendy's home!
Explore your faith & create! You don't have to stitch, knit or crochet to join us.
We welcome any adult women in the congregation.
Call Wendy Lenaburg - 714.525.1205
- Senior Moments – "Out to Lunch"
next meeting date and place — to be announced
Call Lois Stoughton - 714.871.4610
- Book Muse Group
Wednesday, December 20 @ 4:00pm at Jeannie Lindsay's home
This month's book is:
Betty Zane, by Zane Grey
Newcomers are always welcome!
Call Jeannie - 714.828.1998
Monday, January 8 @ 5:30pm
Call Wendy Lenaburg - 714.525.1205
The Net – OUMC's newsletter is published monthly as needed. Your articles and news items are welcome. Please e-mail them to, or drop them off at, the church office. The latest issue was published May 3, 2017.
¿¿¿¿¿ About this calendar ?????
See mistakes? If you're involved in a ministry or event listed here and think the time, place or other information is erroneous, please send me e-mail. I will verify and correct it within 24 hours. If you don't mind answering questions from people who want to know more about an event, I'll include your name and your phone number and/or e-mail address in the item.