The OUMC Calendar
Orangethorpe United Methodist Church is handicapped accessible.
Assisted listening devices are available at our services. Please ask an usher.
While attending worship services, PLEASE turn off your cell phone.
- The old Orangethorpe churchyard is a busy place. We are busy people. We hope you can join us in these events and opportunities, both on-campus and off, which are coming up soon. Visit this page frequently to see what's happening in and around your church!
- Group Meetings – Committee chairs and group leaders: If you have an event that you would like to promote, please submit your event for inclusion in the next newsletter's calendar and on this web page. Written submissions may be dropped off or emailed to the office. Information submitted after the designated deadline cannot be guaranteed inclusion. Submissions will be edited for clarity and space availability.
- FYI. The United Methodist Church has been divided for decades over core issues surrounding Biblical authority. Please watch this excellent 7-minute presentation, produced by the "Wesleyan Covenant Association", which helps us understand the position Parson John believes we should take:
"God Is Good!"
Mark Your Calendar!
- Church News. You may make donations of Clothing and Shoes for the Red Cross Storage Bins, located in the back parking lot!
Want to help?
- The prayer chain
Prayer is a powerful weapon!
Call Zolena Clark - 714.526.3505 - to help us pray for others, or to be prayed for.
- Agape Café
Breakfast is served every Sunday @ 7:30am
Becky Barnes if you'd like to help.
AGAPE CAFÉ DONATIONS are always welcome. We especially need coffee and cereal. Bring your donations with you on Sunday to place on the altar. Please ask Becky about other items which you may wish to donate. Monetary donations may be made with checks made out to OUMC with a note on check, "for Agape Café". All gifts are appreciated! See a list of items you can contribute.
- Orangethorpe Learning Center
Mondays through Thursdays 2:45-5:00pm
Patio Lounge, Youth Room and Fellowship Hall
Grown-ups, come help the neighborhood kids with their homework.
Kids, come receive help from caring adults.
Call Nedda Soriano - 714.351.6563 - or Chuck Carey - 714.761.3580 - for information about OLC.
- Second Harvest Food Distribution
Saturday, October 6 and 20 @ 8:00am
Back parking lot
Food for the hungry & disadvantaged
Come join us any time – Ask Nedda Soriano or Chuck Carey what it's all about!
- Interested in helping?
Call the church office (714.526.8317) and we'll get you involved.
Health & fitness
- Hatha Yoga
Tuesdays @ 2:30pm in the Heritage Room
Our former treasurer, Val Moore, had chemotherapy treatments for several weeks, followed by surgery to remove her left kidney. She is recuperating at home. Please keep her in your prayers! If you would like to send cards, her address is 1013 San Antonio, Fullerton, CA 92835.
September 16, 2018
|OUMC office hours are: Mondays through Thursdays — 9:00am to 1:00pm. Closed Fridays.
Families and children
- Escuela Dominical (Sunday school) – 10:30am in Heritage Room. Para más información acerca de la Escuela Dominical, favor de llamar a Nedda Soriano – 714.351.6563.
- Youth Sunday School – 10:15am in Youth Room.
- Nursery care – 10:30am in the Preschool area.
- Orangethorpe United Methodist Preschool – 7:00am-6:00pm Monday through Friday.
This calendar, in print. A number of copies of an up-to-date printed version of this calendar, and of our news page, are placed on the table in the narthex nearly every Sunday for the benefit of those persons who do not access the internet regularly. When you come to church, please pick up a copy for your own use, or to share with your friends. We urge you, however, to visit the OUMC web site regularly, to get the full benefit of the information which is available there for you. There are many "links" within this calendar, and the news page, which must be "clicked on" to see their information.
- Staff Parish Relations Committee
meets as needed
- Preschool Board
Date and time to be announced
- Learning Center Board
Tuesday, September 18 @ 7:00pm
en la escuelita
- Church Council
Tuesday, September 25 @ 7:00pm
You needn't be a council member to attend and plan our church's future.
- Parish Council Board
Tuesday, October 9 @ 7:00pm
- Local Organizing Ministry
meets as needed.
Come and learn about our neighbors' concerns for this community.
- Bible Fun with Parson John
Wednesdays @ 3:30pm
- "Then Sings My Soul!" – a mid-week hour of song, meditation and prayer – Wednesdays @ 7:00pm. Now meeting next door at Fullerton Villa. Led by our Worship Leader, Alice Song.
- Stitchers in the Spirit — next meeting date to be announced, at Wendy's home!
Explore your faith & create! You don't have to stitch, knit or crochet to join us.
We welcome any adult women in the congregation.
Call Wendy Lenaburg - 714.525.1205
- Book Muse Group
Wednesday, September 26 @ 4:00pm at Jeannie Lindsay's home
This month's book is:
Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI, by David Grann
Newcomers are always welcome!
Call Jeannie - 714.828.1998
- Senior Moments – "Out to Lunch"
Tuesday, October 2 @ 11:30am
Location to be announced.
Call Lois Stoughton - 714.871.4610
Monday, October 8 @ 5:30pm
Location to be announced
Call Wendy Lenaburg - 714.525.1205
¿¿¿¿¿ About this calendar ?????
See mistakes? If you're involved in a ministry or event listed here and think the time, place, or other information is erroneous, please send me e-mail. I will verify and correct it within 24 hours. If you don't mind answering questions from people who want to know more about an event, I'll include your name and your phone number and/or e-mail address in the item.