Orangethorpe United Methodist Church:
The Class of 2010
June 2010 — Congratulations, graduates! Here are some of our young people who are marching down the aisle:
OUMC photo album
- Lindsay Albright, Gail's daughter, graduated from Laurel High School in Los Alamitos. Lindsay was awarded the Principal's Award of Special Achievement and will enter Cypress College in the Fall. Her academic goal is to major in psychology and minor in chemistry.
- Kirsten Janine Ault, Stan and Jan's granddaughter, graduates from Paloma Valley High School.
- Andy Bone, Judy and Don's grandson, graduates from Claremont High School. He graduates with honors, has received the academic athlete award two years and lettered in water polo and swim for two years. He will be attending University of Redlands in the Fall where he will major in Business and also play water polo and swim.
- Sarah Ann Carey, Chuck and Jeanette's granddaughter, completed her course in Licensed Vocational Nursing at Concorde Career College in Garden Grove in March but receives her diploma this month. She took the state LVN exam June 11.
July 26 – Sarah calls to say she was just notified that she passed the exam. Way to go, Sarah!
- Aunjanay Chambers, William Johnson's daughter, graduating from Valencia High School.
- Alexa Rebecca Clark, Zolena's granddaughter, is graduating from Sunny Hills High School. Her accomplishments include AP Scholar, valedictorian, International Baccalaureate candidate, National Society Senior year. She was awarded the James E. Scripps scholarship and will be attending Scripps College with a career goal to be an attorney.
- Alex Fausto III, Alex and Lorena's son, finished his studies at Perris Lake High School in January and is returning to don cap and gown to graduate with his friends. Alex plans to travel to France in the Fall on a Methodist missionary trip. That's Alex in the middle of this photo, with many of his Latino ministry friends around him:
- Rebecca MacDonald, granddaughter of Jerry and Barbara Martindale, is graduating from middle school to senior high at Arrowhead Christian Academy in Redlands.
- Trent Reece. Many of us remember Trent as a small boy, attending OUMC with his parents, Randy and Bebe Reece. Trent is graduating from Fullerton Union High School with top scholastic honors and has been accepted at the United States Military Academy (West Point). He was an outfielder on the Fullerton High School baseball team which won the Freeway League championship this year.
- McKenna Shelly, Marjorie's granddaughter, is graduating from Cactus Shadows High School in Scottsdale, AZ. She will be attending Columbia College of Performing Arts in Chicago.
- David Tsuda, Barbara Johnson's grandson, is graduating from Ladera Vista Junior High.
- John van Ahlers is graduating from Fullerton Union High School. He is the son of Cliff and Carol van Ahlers and the grandson of Barbara Johnson and the late David Johnson. John has been the senior class president this year. He has played trumpet in the Fullerton Jazz Band for four years and was a member of the water polo and swim team for four years. He earned CIF honors in both water polo and swiimming this year. He received his Eagle Scout award this February. He plans to attend Brooks Film Institute in Ventura this fall.
OUMC Home Page