Orangethorpe United Methodist Church:
The Class of 2014
- Megan LeMae Adams graduated from Ames High School, in Ames, Iowa, with honors. She will be attending Northwestern College in Orange City, Iowa, entering their 4-year nursing degree program. Megan is Clark & Connie Adams' granddaughter:
- Jordan Albaugh, who is Carol Roberts' grandson, graduated from New York University with a masters degree in fine arts. He plans to stay at NYU where he will be the assistant to the director of graduate studies for the school of fine arts, plus teaching some classes in screen painting and etching. He will also be working for a local artist, Maureen Gallace, in her studio. Here is Jordan, in front of a wall which lists his name as a part of the "NYU 2014 MFA Thesis Exhibition Part III":
- Hunter Castanon, graduating from Adolfo Camarillo High School. He plans to continue his education at the Jr. College. He plans to pursue a career in culinary arts. Jordan and Hunter are both grandsons of proud grandmother Carol Roberts.
- Cole Carey, Paul and Marci's son, and Chuck and Jeanette's grandson, was promoted from Santiago Middle School to El Modena High School, in Orange:
- Constance Carey, graduating with BS in Psychology from University of Phoenix in Costa Mesa. Constance is Chuck & Jeanette Carey's daughter-in-law. She is working at Hope International University starting June 30:
- Marci Carey graduated from the Early Childhood Education program at Saddleback College, in Mission Viejo. Completed Master Teacher and Site Supervisor Credentials. On Dean's List. Marci is Chuck & Jeanette Carey's daughter-in-law. She teaches, and is the web designer, at Foothills Preschool. Here she is with her most recent graduating class:
- Alexa Rebecca Clark graduated Cum Laude with a BA in Economics from Scripps College in Claremont, and also an MA in Finance from Claremont McKenna. Alexa is Zolena Clark's granddaughter, and plans to attend USC Law School this Fall. (See her entry on our 2010 grads page.)
- Donna Daniels and Sharyl Lewis are graduating from Lay Ministry Academy, a two year program of the California-Pacific Annual Conference. They were honored at a dinner at Redlands First UMC on June 19, 2014. Pictures of the graduating class, along with Pastors Tom and John, are available online in Tom's OneDrive Folder. Here are Sharyl and Donna with their certificates:
- Jacob Ferrer graduated first in his class from Malabon Kindergarten in the Philippines. Jacob is Manny Ferrer's grandson. The second photo is of Jacob, a year later, still an honor student...
- Lisa Marie Fowler graduated from California State University, Los Angeles, with an MS in Nutritional Science. She is pursuing a career as a dietitian. She is the granddaughter of Al and Janice Fowler. Here she is with her proud grandfather:
- Jordan Groudas graduated from Country Hills Elementary School to Brea Junior High School.
- Christian Rangel graduated from kindergarten at Golden Hill Elementary School and will enter first grade this Fall. Jordan and Christian are both grandsons of Sharyl Lewis. Here they are:
- Minh Le, BS Degree in Math Economics from U.C.L.A. Minh and his brother Trieu have both been helping at Vacation Bible School this year. Here's Minh, with his little friend Adrian:
- Trieu Le, BS Degree in Accountancy from Cal State University, Long Beach:
- Rebecca MacDonald, granddaughter of Jerry and Barbara Martindale, graduated from Arrowhead Christian Academy in Redlands, and will be going to the Paul Mitchell School in Temecula. See her entry on our 2010 grads page. Here's Rebecca in 2014:
- Greg Morales, Carmelo Morales and Marķa Cruz's son, graduated from Fullerton Union High School with honors, and will attend Fullerton College.
- Trisha Tran, who is Tom & Tracy's daughter, was promoted from Parks Middle School to Troy High School.
- David Ray Tsuda graduated from Fullerton Union High School with honors. He is the son of Lynne and Ken Tsuda, brother of Carly Tsuda and grandson of Barbara Johnson. He will be attending Central College in Pella, Iowa in the Fall:
Congratulations to all the graduates in our churchfamily!
OUMC photo album
OUMC Home Page