August 2017. This month we have been appalled by the news of the damage wrought by Hurricane Harvey. Read about the United Methodist Church's response here:
If you are attending Orangethorpe United Methodist Church, you may contribute to your church's efforts by placing a check in our Sunday offering which is made out to UMCOR, with the following information on its memo line:
U.S. Disaster Response, Advance #901670
There are a number fraudulent sites on the internet which solicit donations which will do nothing to help the victims. If you would like to help:
- Please continue to pray for those whose lives have been impacted by hurricane/tropical storm Harvey. Please also pray for the Early Response Teams, disaster coordinators, and many volunteers in The Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church, Louisiana Conference of The United Methodist Church, Río Texas Conference of The United Methodist Church and Central Texas Conference who are working tirelessly to provide relief after Harvey.
- Make relief kits, send complete kits to our relief-supply depots or an affiliate warehouse. Download the packing list and shipping label.
- Give to UMCOR's relief and recovery efforts: U.S. Disaster Response, Advance #901670
- Donate only those items requested.
- Please wait for an invitation to volunteer.
To keep relief supplies in stock, give to Material Resources Advance #901440.
UMCOR (United Methodist Committee On Relief) is grateful for your relentless prayers and support.